The University of Florida is committed to operate in an environment of integrity. Each member of the University of Florida community is responsible for assuring that the actions and activities conducted at the University promote such an environment. This includes the responsibility to report, for appropriate review, actions or activities that concern you since they do not appear to promote this environment.
Your concerns may be addressed in various ways:
(1) Local Unit Review
Generally an initial concern should be brought to the supervisor of your local unit for review since it is that person who would best understand the issues and concerns and would be expected to be in the best position to resolve the issue. Concerns may also be reported further up administrative channels.
(2) Central Office Review
There are several University offices that specialize in certain issues and can be contacted when you wish to report a concern most appropriately handled by that office:
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliance Office: (352) 273 1094
- College of Medicine Physician Billing Compliance
- Division of Research Compliance & Global Support: (352) 392 9174
- Environmental Health & Safety: (352) 392 1591
- Office of Clery Compliance: (352) 494 6068
- Office of Internal Audit: (352) 392 1391
- Office of the Ombuds: (352) 392 1308
- Office of Title IX Compliance: (352) 273 1094
- UFPD: (Non-emergency) (352) 392 1111 or (Emergency) 911
- UFHR Employee Relations: (352) 392 1072
- UF Privacy Office: (352) 294 8720 or Hotline 1 866 876 4472
- University Controller’s Office: (352) 392-1321
- Also see UFHR helpful list for reporting concerns or filing complaints
(3) Confidential/Anonymous Hotline Service
If you are not comfortable reporting your concern through the University’s normal administrative channels, the University of Florida has implemented the UF Compliance Hotline, a confidential/anonymous way for you to report concerns of suspected wrongdoing. The UF Compliance Hotline is provided by “The Network,” a company that provides confidential hotline reporting services to many other universities and corporations. The UF Compliance Hotline is operated 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.